A chronicle of sweet little nothings from my older daughter.
– Me “His name is Tintin”
She “haha that’s funny. My name is lalala” 🙂
– “Mommy, Daddy You get what you want and you don’t throw a fit”
I thought she didn’t know any better and said ‘and’ instead of ‘when’ until we asked her what she wants and she says ‘cupcake’ 🙂 So she gets what she wants and so she won’t throw a fit 🙂
– We need to wait 10 days to give baby sister a bath. She turns around, looks at the clock and says “Mommy, I think it’s 10 now”
– Our little baby gets a big bunny gift. The older one says “Mommy it’s too big”. I say “Yes honey we need to wait for her to grow up and then give it to her”. “Mommy, I’m growed up, I can play with the bunny”.
– “I will become a doctor when I become big and baby sister will become a dinosaur”
– We’re all in the car and talking about how the baby is happy in my tummy and does not want to come out soon-. My little girl who was born 3 weeks too early quickly chimes in ‘Mommy when I was in your tummy I said I wasn’t happy’
– For her birthday she wants a thick chocolate cake, a yellow cake, a carrot cake, a billy goat cake and a sally cake?!???!?
– “Mommy I want to thanks them for my gift”
– “I don’t want this milk cold and warm and hot”!!!?????
– During soccer she scraped her knee and says to me “Mommy my booboo is blooding”
– She’s searching for a feather in the backyard and says “I can’t find one, I’m frustrated”
– “Mommy get up. It’s wake up time. See we waked up. Stand up and get up mommy”
– Started saying “Come on guys, okay guys … ”
– After a surprise baby shower for the second one on the way, she spots a beautiful pink towel among the gifts and wants it. We say “don’t you want to share it with your baby sister” and she says ” Yes, baby sister can have mine” 😉
– “When I become a mommy I will go to Mommy school”
– Sometimes she will not proceed with a conversation unless I call her a particular baby animal and I’m the corresponding mamma animal. So I have to call refer to her as baby tiger, baby jaguar, baby hippo etc
– While trying to get her to sleep her grandmother explains that her eyes are so tired and watering and saying “Please can I sleep”. She says “but my mouth is saying please can I talk” Touché!
– I was trying to correct her about using a tissue to clean her nose and she stopped me and said “Mommy, you’re not being nice, be nice to me” with very expressive disapproving eyes. I stopped talking whilst she described how she was only trying to extricate the said booger from nose with her finger to ultimately place it on the tissue. Case in point, the tissue was definitely part of the plan, but there was a sequence. Then I slowly said my piece that she cannot touch the boogers directly. She had to use the tissue. She agreed and said ok. No fuss. I’m not sure who got schooled here!
– Loves all things yellow now.
– Has a special affinity for Swiper in Dora the Explorer. Thinks he is treated unfairly.
– Favorite indoor game is imaginary play. We ring doorbells, she lets us sit and serve us tea and cookies. We change our clothes and go skiiing and we’re always running away from the big bad wolf or she fights and captures it saving everyone else.
– While telling us about a classmate from montessori used the term “she said so …” a lot
– She does not get out of the car until the song that’s playing is done. Doesn’t matter if it’s a kiddie song or a grownup song.
– When we respond with an ‘hmmm’ she says “don’t say hmmm, talk”
– I’m chasing her to get a kiss and sit back in vain. She comes to me and says “Mommy kiss me, don’t act like a bird” Okay 🙂
– If we interrupt her in the middle of play she says “I am working, don’t disturb me”
– She’s grabbing her dad’s hair and I ask if Dadda’s hair is too short and she says “No it’s gray”
– Opens her eyes first thing in the morning and says “I want green cookies”
– She was sitting on the rug and I was fidgeting with my legs and accidentally hit her and she says “Legs are for kicking the ball, not for hurting peoples”
– “I love myself, my mommy and my daddy”
– What time is it? 2 and 10.30
– “Bugs will come and I will say Peoples protect to hide”
– We’re sitting on the patio and I’m singing and turning her swivel chair around. She says “Can you only turn my chair mommy?”. “Why don’t you like my singing?” to which she replies “My ears are hurting”. No mincing words this one.
– When grandma was trying to discipline her she says “I don’t want you. Abracadabra you’re gone”!
– I say “I love you”. She says “I love you Mommy. I love your dress. I like the colors of the flowers on your dress. I like your necklace, your ear rings are so pretty”. I say “You want to go shopping with me?” She says “Yes, only mommy, no dadda”
– After an especially heavy brunch where she devoured the waffles which astounded us all since she’s not a big eater we were driving back home when I asked her if she liked her waffles very very much and she says “I don’t like very very much, I eat very very much”